Today we have a few updated generators for your consumption. nom nom nom. As always, we welcome any and all feedback or bug reports on the relevant trackers.
Scaffold a Gruntfile
generator-gruntfile 0.0.9 which scaffolds out a Gruntfile and package.json file if you don’t already have one. Changes:
- Improved stability
- Fixed peerDependencies issues
- Fixed strict mode and JSHint options
- Updated dependencies
npm install -g generator-gruntfile yo gruntfile
Scaffold a Grunt plugin
generator-gruntplugin 0.0.6 which scaffolds a grunt plugin module including Nodeunit unit tests. Changes:
- Generate package.json from JS object written out as JSON
- Bumping dependencies
npm install -g generator-gruntplugin yo gruntplugin
Scaffold a new Node module
generator-node 0.0.7 which scaffolds a Node.js module including Nodeunit unit tests. Useful if you need something a little more than
npm init. Changes:
- Improvements to default values
- Updated dependencies
- Fixed peerDep issues
- Fixed test generation for libs with hypens
npm install -g generator-node yo node
Scaffold a new yo generator
generator-generator 0.4.2 which scaffolds a new Yeoman generator with some sensible defaults. Changes:
- Updated inherits to extend within templated index files
- Update to the Yeoman-Generator 0.16 inheritance method
- Update test to use fileContent, update deprecated methods
- Hide JSHint warning for camel case
- Bump to latest versions of dependencies, improve package.json
npm install -g generator-generator yo generator
Scaffold a project using Bootstrap
generator-bootstrap 0.1.5 which prompts you for which flavour of Bootstrap you would like to use - Sass, Less, Stylus or just CSS. Changes:
- Switched to latest official version of bootstrap-sass
- Switched Less version to components-bootstrap
npm install -g generator-bootstrap yo bootstrap
Backbone and Ember generator updates
In the past few weeks, we’ve also released updates to:
generator-backbone - including scaffolding out your mocha tests while generating models/views/collections.
generator-ember - better Compass defaults, updates to Ember 1.3.1, Ember Data 1.0.0beta.
generator-polymer - a more Polymerized index.html with further element granularity, updated deps.
We hope you find these updates useful! Happy Friday!
~ Addy and the team.